Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Sacrifice


Sculpting my first prosthetic at age 16, nearly 13 years ago. Some days I look back and wonder how I got here. One word: Sacrifice. While other kids did what kids do, I stayed in and honed my skills, always learning and experimenting, all day and all night teaching myself. I worked hard then, as I do now. But it’s funny how all the other kids grew up. I worked hard then so that I’ll never have to grow up. I make art and bring my imagination to life every day, going on adventures with characters from other worlds. Thank you 16-year-old me, I am grateful for all the sacrifices you made. And I am thankful to my parents who sacrificed along with me, and who understood and encouraged me to follow my dreams. Success doesn’t come without sacrifice. It’s sad how many people forget that. You have to be willing to sweat and bleed for what you want. One word: Sacrifice.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well said Anthony! Everything has a price. You have taken all the support you were given and pushed it to the limits. Your Family and Friends are so proud of you. Keep up the great work! See you soon. BTW. Congrats ob Dina's stunning win, and Melissa's directing debut. It was hilarious!